Friday, April 23, 2010

Jaman's Rant

Let me warn you that I don't necessarily know if this is of God, but I think it might be and I want to talk about it more, so I am using this blog to work out my thoughts. I am going to list a bunch of different statements that float around in my mind and we will see if they come together somehow.

1. Jesus rebuked the the religious leaders way more than the worldly people.
2. If people aren't going to be led by the Holy Spirit, then at least use your brain and logically come to conclusions.
3. I cannot stand the hypocrisy of the two party system in the United States. Wrong is wrong and I wish believers would stand up and reject that which has the hint of being underhand or manipulative. Understand the correct side to be on is that which reflects Jesus Christ completely, not partly.
4. Believers should seek to unite with each other instead of tearing each other down.
5. Stop making generalizations based on your personal experiences, because you cannot stereotype entire groups to satisfy your need to be superior. You are biased because of your personal experiences and don't forget that.
6. Love people accurately, not to gain some selfish advantage.
7. Avoid foolish controversies or silly agendas that do nothing to express the Kingdom of God.

Think about some of those things, and let me know what you think or disagree with or even add to. thanks!

3 comments:

Derek April 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Well, first I would ask if this is directed at a person or goup. Not that it is bad, I was just wondering if someone or some group has set some of these thoughts in motion.

I would add this:

1. Being a Christian does not automatically make you an idiot. I wish the world would understand that.
2. Jesus never argued with people. He stated the facts and that was it.
3. The world has a better understanding of what we are against then what we are for.
4. Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is for it.

Thanks for doing this Jaman. Hope it will spark some discussion. It is good to talk.

DD

Anonymous,  April 25, 2010 at 4:32 AM  

Not really towards a particular group. I blame the world for only being the world. We must light the candle for them, rather than cursing them for being in the darkness. I get irritated with Christians that speak without being led by the spirit, whether it be politically motivated or for any other reason. I just wish more Christians would be led by the spirit rather than speaking out of their flesh in the name of the Spirit

Derek April 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Most people think that being led by the spirit only happens in a church service. However, being led by the spirit should happen everyday. Whether it be at work, school, home or at church, God's spirit should live inside of us all the time everyday. And I totally agree with the candle in the darkenss thing. Aren't we supposed to be the light of the world? Though it is our job to point out the darkness it is also our job to shine the light so it disappears. Good stuff.....