Friday, May 22, 2009

The Beauty of Good Old Fashioned Work

I apologize that I am delayed in getting my blogs out there, but I have been working my second job setting up tents. I am tired, my hands are cut and bruised, and my sinuses are killing me, but oh I am so grateful. To wake up in the morning and have a purpose. My purpose being to earn money for my family, build relationships with my co-workers, and ultimately be an example for Christ. When I'm not doing that I get to passionately minister as a pastor. I am busy, but oh so blessed and enjoying it all.
There is something about being tired at the end of the day because you actually did something, and something that really mattered. When I talk to people and their days consist of internet surfing, video game playing, television watching, and other similar activities, I feel bad for them! All of those activities promote isolation and take away from those things which really matter.
My advice to you is get busy doing things that actually matter. I am not telling you to get busy and stressed out about things. I mean enjoy the opportunities that God gives you to do things that support your purpose on earth. How blessed we are to be busy with Kingdom work!

1 comments:

Mary,  May 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

That is so true! God can show us so much in the work of our hands. As the Lord says, Consider the ant. Look how it works. I have to weed my yard and notice a lot of scripture talks about planting and weeds and the fullness of growth.